This past week of August 29, 2022, we accomplished the following work:
- Began to take delivery of structural steel elements
- Poured concrete for Abutment 1 cheekwall
- Continued to sound, chip and replace deteriorated-unsound concrete
- Continued earthwork at Abutment 1 and Abutment 2
- Began to install steel bearings
- Continued to monitor and control dust and other environmental BMPs
The Contractor will not be working Saturday, September 3.
During the week of September 5, 2022, we will continue to:
- Form Abutment 1 finger joint drainage trough
- Form Abutment 2 finger joint drainage trough
- Drill and install dowel reinforcing at Abutment 2
- Take delivery of structural steel members and crossframes
- Install bearings
- Install temporary steel bent supports in preparation of steel erection activities in September, presently anticipated to begin September 6th
The Contractor has constructed a temporary bent for future steel erection in Span 2, which is over the navigation channel. The bent will be in place until late September. It will be well-lit and delineated so boaters can see it well in advance. A 75’ channel will be maintained between the bent and Pier 2.