During this past week of September 13, work included:
- Final tightening of bolts at splices and cross frames on the structural steel
- Welding of bridge bearings began
During the week of September 20, anticipated work includes:
- Completion of steel erection work and welding
- Placement of overhang brackets and wooden deck formwork will take place in exterior bays
- Installation of galvanized steel stay-in-place deck formwork will begin at interior bays (between the girders)
The marine channel has been reopened to boating traffic. Work in the channel will continue as needed with a minimum 75’ of channel width open at all times.