This past week of September 12, we accomplished the following work:
- Completed the first two stages of structural steel erection
- Continued to sound, chip and replace deteriorated-unsound concrete
- Continued earthwork at Abutment 1 and Abutment 2
- Continued to monitor and control dust and other environmental BMPs
The Contractor will be onsite working Saturday, September 17.
During the week of September 19, we will continue to:
- Form and pour Abutment 1 finger joint drainage trough
- Form and pour Abutment 2 finger joint drainage trough
- Drill and install dowel reinforcing at Abutment 2
- Receive delivery of structural steel members and crossframes
- Install bearings
- Beginning next week, the channel will be closed for steel erection work over the water.
- Read more on the Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection’s (DEEP) website.