This past week of April 25, the following work was accomplished:
- Paved the tie-ins between the Median Crossovers for the Eastbound roadway and the existing pavement on both the Newtown and Southbury sides.
- Relocated and pinned temporary precast concrete barrier curb
- Placed glare screen and delineators
- Placed pavement markings
- Graded/placed stone on slopes for erosion protection
- Excavated temporary drainage swales
On Sunday night, 5/1, we are scheduled to shift Eastbound traffic into the median crossover across the southern half of the Rochambeau Bridge and merge back into the existing roadway prior to Exit 13.
Following the traffic shift, the demolition of the Eastbound bridge will commence.
In addition, starting May 1:
- The navigation channel will be closed periodically between May 1 and May 15 as demolition of the bridge deck over the channel occurs.
- The sidewalk over the Eastbound bridge will be closed starting May 1 for the demolition of the bridge and will not reopen until Spring of 2023.