No work is scheduled over the July 4 Holiday weekend.
This past week of June 27, the following work was performed:
- Removal of the deck on the Eastbound Bridge
- Removal of steel girders in Spans 1 & 2
- Form and placement of rebar for the Abutment 1 modifications
During the week of July 4, the contractor will:
- Process and remove the piles of concrete stockpiled on site
- Continue removing steel girders in Spans 2 & 3
- Pour concrete at the Abutment 1 modifications
- Begin removing concrete for the reconstruction of the Pier 1 Cap
The navigation channel will be reopened on Friday afternoon, July 1, and remain open for the Holiday weekend. In order to safely remove the remaining girders over the channel, it will be closed again from July 5 through July 8.