This past week of April 18, 2022, we accomplished the following work:
- Paved the median crossovers for the Eastbound roadway on both the Newtown and Southbury sides;
- Placed temporary drainage;
- Excavated temporary drainage swales;
- Graded/placed stone on slopes for erosion protection.
During the week of April 25, 2022, we anticipate the following work:
- Mill and pave the tie-ins to the existing pavement on both sides
- Place and pin temporary precast concrete barrier curb
- Place glare screen, delineators, signing and pavement markings in preparation for shifting Eastbound traffic onto half of the Westbound roadway via the median crossovers.
Please note; beginning May 1:
- Shifting of traffic is currently scheduled for Sunday night, May 1. Following the traffic shift, the demolition of the Eastbound bridge will commence.
- The navigation channel will be closed periodically between May 1 and May 15 as demolition of the bridge deck over the channel occurs.
- The sidewalk over the Eastbound bridge will be closed starting May 1 for the demolition of the bridge and will not reopen until Spring of 2023.